Sunday 14 June 2015

Foos cancel Pinkpop after Grohl breaks leg

The Foo Fighters have cancelled two shows after frontman Dave Grohl sustained "at least one fracture" when he fell off the stage during a concert in Gothenburg, Sweden. He later returned to complete the show after medical attention, sitting in a chair assisted by a medical team. The band have cancelled their appearance at the Pinkpop Festival in Landgraaf, Netherlands, today (Sunday 14th June)and a show at the AFG Arena in St Gallen, Switzerland, on Monday 15th. There is no news whether two sold out Wembley Stadium shows will go ahead, scheduled for the 19th and 20 June, and the band are also scheduled to headline Friday night at the Glastonbury Festival on June 26th. Florence Welch, who fronts Florence and the Machine who are the penultimate act that night on the Pyramid Stage that night, broke her foot leaping off stage during her energetic live set at Coachella in April.

The Foo Fighters were two songs into their set at the Ullevi stadium when Grohl went to jump on a ramp but missed and fell into the security area. "I think I just broke my leg" the singer told the crowd as he lay on the ground adding "I'm going to go to hospital. I'm going to fix my leg. And then I'm going to come back."

Video here

No comments:

Post a Comment