Thursday 5 June 2014

Miracles stop as Jesus Christ Superstar tour pulled

The all-star production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Jesus Christ Superstar', which was due to begin a 51 date tour of the US later this month, has been cancelled with low ticket sales being blamed. With a cast featuring Destiny's Child's Michelle Williams, Incubus frontman Brandon Boyd, JC Chasez of The Backstreet Boys and pil and ex-Sex Pistol John Lydon, the show's veteran producer Michael Cohl told The New York Times: "It became obvious the shows were in trouble, but we tried until the last moment to give it every chance to turn around. In the end, it just did not make business sense to continue, and we didn't want the cast to endure playing to disappointing audiences". Competition winner Ben Forster, who has been playing Jesus in the touring show elsewhere since 2012, tweeted: "I am so devastated. I'm sorry to everyone who got tickets and flights. Who ever fucked it up I hate you. But I forgive you, I'm Jesus... well I was".

No comments:

Post a Comment