Monday 16 June 2014

V&A to house Glastonbury Archive

The Victoria &Albert Museum has announced that it is the new home of the festival's archive. The London museum will store the 44 year collection of memorabilia from the event, adding to it further as more is created each year. Michael Eavis told reporters: "When I set out on this crazy hippy trip 44 years ago, little did I know how this rollercoaster would run. But now I have to pinch myself every morning when I wake up to the excitement of another day - heading up a team of the most creative artists anywhere in the world. The V&A is an inspirational space and feels like the natural 'home' for our ever-evolving archive so we can really show everyone, not just festival-goers, what we really do". Selected highlights from the archive will be displayed in the V&A's Theatre & Performance Galleries from March 2015 to January 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment