PRS for Music have announced the five finalists of their competition to put music back at the heart of pubs. Music Makeover will award a pub £5,000 to improve their venue with live music facilities. Research conducted with pub-data specialists CGA Strategy Ltd. found that using music resulted in a 48% increase in sales over the weekend and 21% on weekdays.
The finalists are:
- The Brunel Arms, Pontyclun, Wales
- Pig & Whistle, Ladbroke Grove, London
- The Burnaby Arms, Bedfordshire
- The Grafton, Kentish Town, London
- The Shepherds Crook, Portsmouth