Monday 16 November 2015

We remember those who died in Paris


PARIS, 13th November 2015

Nick Alexander, the Eagles of Death Metal's Merchandising Manager, has been killed in the Paris terror attacks at the Bataclan. His family said: "It is with huge sorrow that we can confirm that our beloved Nick lost his life at the Bataclan last night. Nick was not just our brother, son and uncle; he was everyone's best friend – generous, funny and fiercely loyal" adding "Nick died doing the job he loved and we take great comfort in knowing how much he was cherished by his friends around the world. Thank you for your thoughts and respect for our family at this difficult time. Peace and light." Africa Express' Robin Aitken posted "Nick had worked with us on Africa Express. I remember a friendly, helpful guy who added his bit of joy to our musical events. I can only begin to imagine the tragedy that his family and close friends must be going through, and I just feel sad for his life being cut short by people who have so badly misunderstood the way to build a better world". Nick's girlfriend of three years, Polina Buckley, distraught and mourning in New York, said on her Facebook  "Three years ago on this day I met you on the corner of East 15th and Irving Pl. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on you. This was the most loving, passionate and eventful relationship I’ve ever experienced. You were my everything. My lover, my best friend, my soulmate. I am completely crushed and heartbroken right now. I will miss you terribly. Sleep tight, my sweet prince. I will always love you, Nick Alexander."

We also remember

Nathalie Jardin, who ran the house lighting at Le Bataclan and known by her nickname "Natalight"

Thomas Ayad, 34. International Product Manager for Mercury Records France 

Guillaume B. Decherf, 43. Journalist for celebrated French music and culture magazine, Les Inrockuptibles 

Marie Mosser, 24. Digital Marketing executive at Mercury Records France 


Manu Perez. Music industry marketing executive who worked at Universal Music France for over a decade 


UMG boss Pascal Negre tweeted on Saturday (November 14) that "The Universal Music family is in mourning".


These images of the show before the terrorist attack are by Manu Wino who said ""Because life goes on. Because they cannot win. Because it is awful and because no one can get back to it's normal life. Because too many friends (know or unknown) died Friday evening. Because it's only Rock & Roll..."



































No comments:

Post a Comment