Tuesday 14 April 2015

Cancellation news: Iommi in the pink, Kayne in shallow water

Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi has denied that his health problems are to blame for the cancellation of the band's farewell gig at Ozzfest Japan in November. In 2012 Iommi was diagnosed with cancer, but last year told fans he was was nearing the end of his treatment. In a post on Facebook last week, the guitarist said: "Thank you for all the enquiries about my health, very kind. I'm not sure how the rumour of my being unwell started as I was away on holiday! Once you've had something like lymphoma the fear that it will return never leaves, all I can say is that right now I'm fine and have regular blood tests". Black Sabbath's planned show at Ozzfest Japan will be replaced with an Ozzy Osbourne solo set.

And a free Kanye West show at Swan Lake in Yerevan, Armenia was cut short by police after just six songs when the rapper jumped into the shallow waters of the lake (to be 'closer to the crowd') followed by many of the audience who mobbed him. The show lasted just 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment